Bootloader may seem a heavy name when you hear it and yes actually its work is more complex than the name. Bootloader is the part of your device which loads up as soon as you hit the power button which means the first thing to go alive is bootloader and this bootloader only gives command to activate the OS and so yes!
If we want any other Rom for our device or maybe you want to try any different kernel or install some zip files and mainly the most important thing root! Today for HTC users we are going to provide a tutorial which covers almost all the HTC devices in which you can easily and simply unlock the bootloader of your device and hence later on do the customization as you feel, so one way of saying this is that between you and all the customization their stands only one thing and today we are going to unlock it!
PRE UNLOCKING REQUIREMENTS:
- Your phone’s battery needs to be charged with 80% and above because we don’t want our phone to shut down when we are in the middle of the process.
- This unlocking part will delete all the device’s data so to keep it all safe you need to take a proper backup of everything and only after that you need to proceed ahead.
- USB Debugging option which will be available in your settings option has to be enabled before proceeding ahead and if you don’t find it then click on build number for 12times and go back and you will see the option visible now.
How to unlock HTC bootloader using one click.
- Now for unlocking process we need a software to be downloaded on your computer which is Kingo HTC bootloader unlock software which will do everything for you within a click. So go and download and install it on your computer.
- Now that you have opened it connect your device to the computer using the cable you got while purchasing the device.
- After connecting, you have to select the android version of your device from the drop down menu you can find on the software screen.
- Select the version which will take you to some steps which will enable the debugging option on your phone if it already hasn’t.
- Now once this steps are done, the kingo software will automatically download and install the needed drivers of your particular device which will allow the computer and the software to combine successfully. This will take some minutes so don’t at any time disconnect your phone just let the software do its work.
- Once it has downloaded the drivers it will show you option to unlock and lock your device which will be accompanied with some notifications which you have to read and only proceed when you agree with that.
- After reading the notifications which were displayed on the screen you need to click on the unlock button which will be present in the below part of the software in green colored button.
- Once you hit that unlock button you have to stay patient for few minutes as the software will take your device in the fast boot mode and write all the nasty scripts for you and when it’s completed with all of its process, it will reboot your HTC smartphone and when you see the screen of your device you can remove the cable because with just a click your device is now unlocked and ready for the root!