So as we are here, we want to root our z3 device by Sony, announced in mid-last year it comes out with all the latest features and the very famous Sony touch. The thing which is amazingly awesome is the company gave a screen which is just 5.2 Inch and hence not the proper standard size which actually is not so good competitor to the giants out there and especially when people are starting to love bigger screens.
The mesmerizing thing is 1080 * 1920 pixels packed in this lad. The device is brought into talk with its awesome 20.7 Mp clicker which is indeed usually expected from Sony folks!! But the front one is very low as 2.2 Mp only gives an average performance. The good thing is the quad core technology which is supported with mammoth of 3Gb ram which makes one thing clear that Sony wants to give same features as the other giants but in more stylish and compact device which actually makes some people crazy for this devices.
Well so what exactly would rooting this device do?
Actually there are tremendously amazing features waiting for you out there once you have rooted your device like:
- If you are a trendy person you would like to change the Rom of your device in regular interval to make the feel of your Z3 awesome every time you change it.
- Remove so many apps which you don’t use but are forcefully kept on the device making them default and occupying your memory.
- Well not just remove but you can add some pretty awesome apps like Xposed Installer on your device which would change a whole lot many things.
- You can perform some very useful tasks like get some more space, make your battery more powerful and give the performance a good push.
- Well this is what the term rooting means, you can actually take control of your device completely.
PRE ROOT REQUIREMENTS:
- The battery on your device shall be charged with 80% and above before proceeding on with the rooting methods.
- Rooting is actually a safe process if you perform steps perfectly but it is always good to have back up of our device’s data so that we can restore it.
- Now before proceeding ahead please make sure that your device’s model number is D66XX and it is running on stock 4.4.4 android version.
- And also on the completion of this method you will have custom recovery on your device which will be further useful when you want to add custom Rom on your Z3.
- Before proceeding ahead with the rooting part on our device make sure that your device’s boot loader is already unlocked, and if that is not unlocked then visit and do it first so that you can proceed with rooting.
How to Root SONY Xperia Z3
This step will be containing our parts which will be needed in order to complete our process so go to download the fastboot application, for downloading the supersu app for rooting part and for downloading advanced stock kernel, this all three files will be responsible for rooting and installing recovery on your device.
Part 1 – Installing custom recovery
Step 1 – Now for installing the recovery, you have to extract the fastboot file which you downloaded and store it on your desktop under a folder named with your device name, once you do it enable the debugging option of your device and then connect the device to computer using the cable you got with the device.
Step 2 – Now comes a small complicated twisty part as we have to enter three lines of command in our terminal so to do it, open your terminal by going to some blank space and then pressing on to the shift button and then right click which will bring up a menu in which you have to select the option which will be saying open command window here.
Step 3 – So after you do the above step you will be needed to add the first line of code which is given below.
Step 5 – This is our main lines it will do the recovery installation on our device which means this line will add clockwork mode recovery which will be useful for a lot many and when it is done you have to enter this final line in your terminal.
Step 6 – This is the symbol of completion of our device’s custom recovery installation and when it is completed the device will start on its own within few mins.
Part 2 – Rooting of our Xperia Z3 device.
Step 1 – Now we have done our big part now is root part which is not so hard so just connect your device to the computer using the cable which company provided you and copy the SuperSU app to the Sd card of your device, which was downloaded before starting this method.
Step 2 – When you put the following file in the card, then switch your device off and remove the cable from your computer now wait for few seconds and then load it up in the recovery mode which we just installed by pressing the default keys of up volume button and the power on button both at one time.
Step 3 – Now when this mode is loaded select the install button appearing in your menu at top and choose the supersu file which you just now stored in the SD storage of your device and click on it which will install the root files on your device.
Step 4 – After the process of installation is complete start your device again normally and now you will find a new super app called SuperSu which is the symbol of root completion and it will manage all the permissions on your device.