The galaxy S5 announced in starting months of last year 2014 has now got the new sweet update from android and so it increased your hunger for more power with beauty! Well yes when you have waterproof device with 5.1 inch display which has 1080 * 1920 pixels resolution you surely want something awesome to see and why not ? when you have system like Qualcomm MSM8974AC with snapdragon 801 and adreno 330 and krait 400 2.5 GHz quad core. All this strongly held by corning gorilla glass 3. And for your camera functions it has huge 16 MP at the back and 2MP on the front.
So when you have this mammoth on you which further advanced by lollipop you seriously need to open up its true potential and that’s where we come in folks! We are going to show you how easily you can root your s5.
What you can do after rooting your device!
- Well there are many awesome ROM’s available for your device you can surely check out XDA for switching out of simple Samsung launcher.
- You can remove the unused and unwanted apps which comes default by Samsung.
- You can use the best rooted apps which enhance the power of your device.
- You can monitor, control and utilize the performance your device can truly offer.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 lollipop version
PRE ROOT REUIREMENTS:
- Now before we begin rooting the S5 device, you need to take proper backup of all your device’s data because the process will delete all of it.
- Now that you are ready with your backup, you have to enable the debugging option on your device which you will find in the settings option.
- Now please download the needed drivers of your device and while doing so please be careful to download the driver which is associated with your device.
- Once you have your device drivers now you need your device to be properly charged and for that we need it to be at 75% and above.
- Please note that this tutorial will only work on G900F model so don’t proceed if you have any other variant.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900F lollipop version
- Now for rooting our device we need two applications which will do all the things for us and so download Odin and Chainfire root and install the odin software from the extracted zip contents and save a .tar.md5 file on your desktop.
- Now you need to go in fastboot mode of Samsung device which will be done by using the volume down button of volume rocker keys, the middle menu button and the power button of the s5. And then once you see one screen with a triangle then click on power key again which shall bring you the fast boot menu.
- Now if you have installed the software properly on computer and the drivers too then open the odin software.
- Now when your device is in fast boot mode connect it to your device using the cable provided by Samsung.
- When this above step is done the ID:COM box shall change its colour to blue, now note that it will take couple of minutes and when it’s done the port number will be visible to you in the odin software screen.
- Now there is a button given called Ap which on clicking will take you to browse to select the .tar.md5 file which you kept on your desktop.
- Now please note that before beginning the auto reboot and F. reset time buttons are not selected.
- After every of the above step and requirement is completed click the start button in the odin software screen.
- On doing this you will have to wait for few minutes patiently because meanwhile you are waiting the odin software is installing root access on your device, which will be done in some minutes and once done the phone will restart on its own.
- After the phone restarts remove your device from the computer and there you are your device is now rooted and available for root usage.
I hope you understand that How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 lollipop version. Note that if you are not sure or not comfortable with any of the above option please mention it to us in the comments or contact us.