PRE ROOT REQUIREMENTS:
- Your Moto X Play should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Download and install drivers or Moto X Play.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device (USB debugging option is available in settings page).
- Create backup of all the data which is present in your Moto X Play smartphone to be on a safer side.
- You need to have your Moto x play’s bootloader unlocked.
Once every requirement is done and bootloader is unlocked you can proceed ahead with the rooting process.
Steps to root Motorola Moto X Play
- You need to have Fas tboot and ADB Tools installed on your PC. Which will be available through this given link.
- You need to have two files downloaded on your computer which are TWRP recovery file and SuperSU, download them from below given link
TWRP | SuperSU
- Copy the TWRP recovery file and paste in Fastboot and ADB tools directory. Replace the filename with name “img”
- Now you need to have your Moto X Play in bootloader menu. PressPower + Volume upbutton to enter bootloader menu of Moto X Play.
- Once you have entered bootloader menu, connect your Moto X Play with your Pc using USB cable.
- The drivers of your Moto X Play will get installed.
- Now go to the folder where you have copied the Moto X Play recovery which we renamed to img earlier. Open command window by pressingShift Key + right mouse button and then selecting Open command window here.
- Now enter the command to check if your device is connected in fastboot mode.
You should see your Moto X Play here.
Now to flash recovery enter the command mentioned below.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
TWRP recovery will be flashed on Moto X Play.
TWRP is installed and Now we will be rooting the device
- Enter recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power
- When you see TWRP recovery, tap on Install Now browse for the SuperSU file which you downloaded before.
- Flash SuperSU on your Moto X Play smartphone.
- It will take a couple of minutes to complete flashing of SuperSU file. Once completed, reboot your Moto X Play.
We hope that this easy article helped you in installing the TWRP recovery file and hence rooting your device.