So we have a Moto G 2nd Gen at our hands today for rooting, well this device launched in September month of last year comes loaded with pretty cool powers with it, it has 5 inches 720 * 1280 pixels display screen protected with corning gorilla glass class 3 along with a chipset of Qualcomm MSM8226 snapdragon 400. It has a quad core 1.2 GHz cortex and adreno with A7 and 305 respectively. Loaded with 8Gb of storage and 1Gb of Ram it gives lag free performance and a beautiful camera of 8MP at the back and 2Mp in the front.
So yes it is loaded with good amount of specifications just like its predecessor in its own era, but we are hungry for more right guys? I mean that would be a big reason for you to come here that you want to now after a year play with your device and stop caring of guarantee and warranties. So here we bring to you an easy rooting guide for your Moto G 2nd Gen.
Well why do we need the root permissions on our device?
- Your device actually is in those devices which have many cooler ROM’s made for them and so to try it you need to have your phone got rooted first.
- Well once the rooting is done you can get lucky with that amazing apps made for your phone which after root access can perform magic on devices.
- Well control everything your phone does, how and when and only that much what you want.
So there are many uses after rooting now let’s see what are we going to require before root:
- Now before you proceed with anything on your device make sure that it has minimum 80% battery and all of its data is already backed up and store in some app safe.
- Make sure that before you start the process, the drivers of your device are installed on your PC.
- Now to properly run the process you need to enable the debugging of USB on your device so head on to the settings page of your device and enable it.
So let’s Rooting MOTO G 2nd Gen
Step 1 : So to get all this process done we need the proper package of our device’s root files, XT1063 model XT1068 for titan_retailsds.
Step 2 : So once you have downloaded them you will be needed to extract them on the desktop and after doing that we need our device in fast boot mode so to do it.
Steps 3 : press both of your volume rocker keys together along with the power key until the fast boot ADB mode is loaded.
Step 4 : Once this mode is loaded successfully, connect your device to the PC using the cable that company gave you with the box while purchasing and once the device connects.
Step 5 : click on the CF root Executable file which you extracted and stored just now on your desktop.
Step 6 : If things have gone successful then you will just be needing to follow instructions that appear on the screen which opened up and within some minutes of its root execution the device will be granted with root access and if everything has gone right then you will see a new app along with all other apps called as SuperSu, this app will manage and give access wherever the permissions will be required.
I hope that understand how to root moto G 2gen If you don’t than any of the above mentioned step or face any problem with the rooting then do mention it in the comments section provided below.