Motorola in august of the year 2013, introduced the much awaited and publicized moto X which had 1280 * 720 pixels of display on a 4.7 inch screen which was expected to be a bit higher but Motorola didn’t step back in the protection case as it gave corning class 3 version of gorilla protection in that year.
This beast came along with Qualcomm MSM8960DT with Snapdragon s4 pro version but the company gave dual core processor which has krait 300 and also the additional adreno 320 this all clocked at 1.7 GHz. Well now this beast actually has no space for card storage which means you have got three simple options of 16 – 32 – 64 Gb and the amazing part of this is 2Gb of supported Ram to all the three options. This device has one awesome point and that is 10Mp of the back snapper and 2Mp for the selfie snapping.
PRE ROOT REQUIREMENTS:
- So folks before you get into this process make sure you have charged up your device properly by having 75% and above battery on it, just to make sure our device sustains all the process successfully.
- Now once you have charged it, make sure you have all of your device’s data means all the files and folder and important memories stored up in safe place so that if doesn’t get taken away while you are in this process.
- Your device will be rooted with the help of the computer you are having and so we need a bond between them both which means you need to have drivers of your device installed on your computer.
- Now we need to the files which will perform all the work for us, what I mean is we will be needing the SDK of android, the recovery image called as twrp recovery, the root manager supersu and the mfastboot files.
- Once you have them all downloaded on your computer, you need to normally install the device drivers and the sdk on your computer.
- Now the mfastboot file which you downloaded you need to paste it in the ADB folder which you will find in this directory path given below ( browse it on your PC)
Steps : How to root Moto X
Part 1: Unlocking Moto X bootloader
Step 1 : Now to unlock the boot loader we need to load it in that mode and to do so you need to first shut the device down and after that you need to press two buttons together which are the down key on your volume rocker and the power button for some seconds which will eventually load up the boot loader.
Step 2 : Now after that mode loads up you need to open up your computer’s cmd terminal means the command terminal and input the below given lines in that terminal
CD C:Program FilesAndroidandroid-sdkplatform-tools
Step 3 :Now after doing this above part, you need to establish connection between your device and the PC using the usb cord given to you with the device and when you do that write this below given lines in the command prompt
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
Step 4 : Now when you do that successfully means if you have have written and done above steps properly then you will see this below given command lines in your terminal.
Step 5 : Now comes one small tricky thing, nothing to worry you just need to omit all the bootloader written part means all that 5 bootloader words and their brackets you need to remove and make all other things as one line which will look like this
Step 6 :Now if this is done properly then visit the Motorola company’s unlocking website where you will be needed to enter the above line which you got by doing so Motorola will in sometime mail you on your registered id the unlock key.
Step 7 : Now when you receive the key you will have to paste it in the below line where we have written unlock_key you have to replace it with your key.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
Step 8 : Now when this thing is done your boot loader is unlocked which means the device can now be allowed to get the root access and so copy the previously downloaded SuperSu app to the storage of your device, when you have done that properly you can now add the below given line in the terminal to initiate the root
mfastboot flash recovery twrp-220.127.116.11-ghost-4.4.img
Step 9 : Now this above step has almost done your work so now remove your device from the PC and then you have to load it up in the recover menu which you just now added, so to do so you need to press volume + down key on your device and then press the opposite key means up key of volume to choose the twrp menu or twrp mode.
Part 2 : Rooting Moto x
Step 10 : So our last step is adding the root access so now search for the the supersu file we downloaded in the starting and kept in the storage of our phone. When you see it click on it which will initiate the rooting on your device and when you click it then wait for it to complete its process on its own.
Step 11 : After you see the process completed, select reboot from the menu if the device hasn’t rebooted on its own and when your device stars you will now see a new supersu app if thing have gone good and if not then download it and see if you have root access or not and if you find the root access not yet given then please try the steps again or tell us your problem.