LG G Flex 2 which was announced in the very first month of the year 2015, well it is the 2nd installment and the next Gen model of the G flex, it has a 5.5 inch display screen of 1080 * 1920 pixels resolution which will be toughened by the help of class 3 glass of gorilla protection.
How To Root LG G Flex 2
So you got yourself this unique beast then surely you would be hungry to try the best out of it well then let’s see what actually a rooted LG G Flex 2 can do
- You can actually remove the UX rom of LG and instead of it apply some awesome Rom’s available in the market.
- You can install the best rooted apps like xposed installer or flashify for your device,
- You can change the system settings to make the phone perform as you want it to.
- You can download and install custom recovery on your G flex 2.
- You can get hands on pretty cool boot loader made for your device and replace the default LG boot loader.
PRE ROOT REQUIREMENTS:
- So as it is always preferred please keep your battery charged with 75% and above before beginning with any of the steps.
- Take proper and reliable backup of all the data of your device and proceeding only after doing that.
- Your device’s boot loader should be unlocked before proceeding with our rooting method
- For the computer to read the device you need to enable the debugging option on your device which will be available in the settings menu page.
How to Root LG G Flex 2
Step 1 :- This step includes the download material for your computer, you need to download the root package by going to and then download the proper drivers of your device so that the device can integrate properly with the computer and after you download both the required files then connect your device to the PC using the cable which came along with the device.
Step 2 :- Now you have to extract the package of LG root which you just downloaded and store it on the desktop under a folder named after your device and when you do that the open a terminal window in that folder, to do so you have to go to empty space on your window and then hold the SHIFT button and then click right in which you have to choose the option which says open command prompt window here.
Step 3 :- Now once you do that a terminal window will open up and when it does make sure your device is successfully recognized and once it is recognized then input the below given lines in your terminal
Step 4 :- Once this step is done properly then the files needed to root will be present in your mobile so disconnect your phone and turn it off after which you have to press the up button of your volume keys and along with it connect the device to the cable once again, doing which will take a few minutes to install the proper files and when its done it will take you to the required download mode.
Step 5 :- Now comes few tricky steps so you need to locate the COM port which is the number where your device is connected so open the ports.bat file which is present in the folder on your desktop and copy the port number in it which shall be usually 4 and after that input the following line of command on the terminal.
Step 6 :- Now after this step you will just have to run one line of command which will finally enable the root files on your device so to do that you have to write the following command in the terminal.
Step 7 :- So the hard part is done and now is the sit back and keep calm time, let it take some time usually it will be done in few minutes as it needs to run the root files and at that time you watch the terminal window because when it gets completed a message will be shown at the bottom of the terminal which will be saying it’s done and when you see this message you have to take out the battery out of your device and re insert it and hit the power button.
Step 8 :- When the phone restarts your device will be done with the root process, and so you may find a supersu app in your device but if you don’t have it then install it, the app will be used to manage and control the root permissions on your G Flex 2.