HTC ‘s brand new handset named Desire 820 was announced in September month of 2014, it has been proved highly successful due to its offering under this price. Desire 820 gives a 5.5 inches display which has 720 * 1280 pixels resolution and also corning gorilla glass 3 to sustain some damages. It not only gives a pure picture quality but also high speed performance with the help of QUALCOMM MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 and two quad core cortex A53 clocked at 1.5 GHz and 1.0 GHz respectively and also addition to it is Adreno 405.
On top of it HTC gives its own touch and feel to the KitKat version of android with the help of Sense UI 6.0. All of this stored and ran by 2GB of RAM and 16 GB of default storage. Now the one awesome thing about HTC devices lately has been the camera they feature on their device’s and with no surprise 820 also has 8MP front cam along with the 13 MP back shooter.
Well given the features it’s surely worth the amount it’s kept at i.e. 23500 INR which keeps this device straight into the race of other mid-range handsets.
PRE ROOT REQUIREMENTS:
- Your device shall be charged with at least 75% and above in order to complete the whole process without any risk of turning off.
- Now you need to have a complete backup of your device’s data as when you unlock the bootloader of your device, it will completely wipe off your data, so in order to restore it you need to ensure that you have a proper backup.
- You need to enable USB Debugging on your device which will help the computer to recognize the device and complete the required action so to that you need to go to your settings and enable the USB Debugging.
How to Root HTC Desire 820?
STEP 1 : Unlocking the bootloader and downloading the required drivers.
- Before we start with the rooting process you need to root your device’s bootloader to be unlocked, so please unlock the bootloader and then come back here.
- Now that you have your bootloader unlocked you will need to download USB drivers of your particular device so that the computer can successfully recognize and pair with the device so to do that download the required USB drivers.
STEP 2: Beginning the rooting process.
- Now for rooting your desire 820 you will need two things to be downloaded one of which is recovery file named TWRP and the other is rooting application called SuperSU which will do the rooting work for you.
- Now once you download them, connect your device to the computer using USB cord and transfer the SuperSU app to your SD card which is external storage and then unplug your device from the computer.
- Now you need to create a folder named after your device and store it on the desktop and transfer the extracted content of TWRP zip file into that folder.
- Now you need to turn off your mobile completely and then load it into the Fastboot screen which can be done by pressing two keys together at the same time and that keys are the down button of your volume key’s and the power button of your device. Press it till the menu loads up and once it does you need to again connect your device to the computer.
- Now once you have connected your device you need to open the folder which you kept on your device with the name desire 820, now select a file which will be named as flash-recover with extension of .bat. This will as name suggests flash the TWRP recovery on your device and when that process is completed you need to open your device into bootloader mode.
- To do that use your volume keys and the power button keys together for some time until a menu type screen is loaded which will be accessed only by the hard keys for navigation.
- Now once you are in the menu you will see one option which would be saying install a zip file or something like install now click on it and select the SuperSU file which you kept on your SD card.
- As soon as you do that the device will start the process of rooting which will take few minutes to root your desire 820 so keep patience because you have almost made it.
- Now that the process is complete select the reboot option in the menu or you can restart the device manually and you will now have a rooted desire 820, to ensure that its rooted you will have a new app called SuperSU which will manage all the permissions of root granting on your device.
We surely hope that our article has helped you in achieving a rooted device, yes! The unlocking and rooting part was a bit lengthy and tiring but hey anything for the root. Still if you face any kind of trouble on any of our provided steps then feel free to use the comments section!