Smartphones have become really very common among people all over the world. People have been appreciating the android OS because of its countless free applications and many other features. Latest versions of Android OS have been introduced time to time that are simply amazing and they are known better than all other operating systems.
There are so many people who like to use the Smartphones with the Android OS as they are used to the apps of the Google Play Store. There are so many Android Apps available with the Google play store that is appreciated by so many Android users. However, sometimes the auto updating of the installed apps becomes really very annoying for most of the people. This is the reason why so many people have been looking for the ways to stop them. People who don’t know how to disable automatic app updates of Google Play apps can follow the following steps:
Disabling auto updates of apps in Google play store:
For disabling the auto updates of all of the installed apps on the Android device, the users need to follow the following steps:
- Launch the Google play store on the Android device.
- Swipe out the navigation drawer that is there on the left hand side or the users can also use the hamburger menu that can be seen on the top left of the Google play store and then choose settings from there.
- The users will get in the settings of the Google play store options and there under the category of ‘General’, the users need to choose the ‘Auto update apps’ that will be stating the current setting of this function of the Google play store.
- Tapping on this option in the Google play store, the users will be further provided with three options that can be reconfigured anytime the users want to do it.
- The three options that come include 1- Do not auto update apps, 2- Auto update apps at anytime with mobile data and 3- Auto update apps over wifi only.
- The users need to choose the very first option from these settings and after that these users will always need to manually launch all the updates of the installed apps on their Android devices. And if the users’ desire, then they can get the update notifications for getting alert when any of the app needs to get updated anytime.
Manually updating apps in the Google play store:
If the users set the updating of the apps of the Google play store on manual, then for manually updating these apps, the users need to go to the list of the installed apps on their device by swiping out the navigation drawer and selecting ‘My apps’. There will be shown a list divided into 2 sections and there would be seen update in front of those apps that needs to be updated manually. The users cans select that app and update it manually this way anytime they want.